So you're either afraid you may have termites, or you know you already have them. Whichever the case, use this site to find out what to do next.
- First of all, don't panic. Termites take years to do any significant structural damage. You can afford a few weeks to decide what course of action is best for your situation - and there are many methods of termite control and prevention you may want to consider.
- Before you begin buying do-it-yourself termite control products, or hire a termite control company to begin a campaign on your home, you need to find out a little about:
- What kind of termites you might have
There are several kinds of termites, and some are more damaging than others. If you have already seen termites in your home, you can identify what kind you have (and how much you need to worry).
- Termiticides and other pesticides
Doubtless, termiticides and pesticides can be extremely harmful - even fatal - if they aren't used properly. Whether you're thinking about trying some do-it-yourself termite control, or if you just want to know a little bit more about the chemicals your termite control company is using (a very good idea), this is the place (link to same).
- How termites live-and die
Know thy enemy. and if you really do have termites, you're in for a real battle. The task of controlling termites is not something you can outsource completely. You'll have to practice a bit of cultural pest control as well, and may have to do a little revision of your landscaping as well, before you get rid of all your termites.
- Methods of termite control
And of course, after all the rest, you need to know what your options are. Termite control- even if you already have termites-is nothing more or less than an insurance policy for your home. When making any business decision you want to plan for every contingency, so why lower your standards when it comes to protecting your most important investment?
- Building for termite control
Those of you considering building new homes need to know all about the new termite-proof construction materials. Find out about all the ways and means of termite control from low-cost, heavily treated wood products to best practices for setting foundations that will keep termites out.